Thursday, January 12, 2012

Mario the cat
I find as I get older I want to retreat to my home to spend time with friends and family. I feel no need to join any group or organization. I do bowl on two leagues at our local,small alley. This I do only at the insistence of my daughter. I do enjoy it but I would not have chosen the activity myself. There are a good deal of very nice and diverse folks in this area. We live in a very small town and I have gotten to know most of them over the 20 years we have been here. It is very much a keep to yourself area. Very independent people who would help you out in time of need but mind their own business otherwise. Neighbors are not leaning over the back fence to talk ,you actually have to seek them out for conversation, making it more worthwhile.
 I am enjoying a quite afternoon at home with my husband and pets. Sitting on the back patio in the warm sun reading my Kindle. For those of you who don't have a Kindle yet , you don't know what you are missing. I just love mine and now they are so inexpensive there is no excuse for not getting one!
This is the best part of retirement-not having to do anything you don't want to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment